We’ve all been there. Trying to get a balance between your work, social and home life, with time to spare for the gym can be exhausting alone, but if you’re struggling to switch off at bedtime it won’t be long until you’re fully burnt out.
A girls holiday is a rite of passage. From the minute the flights were booked you’ve been daydreaming of cocktails by the pool and getting tanned AF.
Of course, no holiday ever goes to plan, so here are ten things that happen on every squad holiday…
1. While booking less luggage seemed like a great idea at the time (more money for cocktails, right?) when you and your bestie try and combine your summer ‘drobes into one case you realise it ain’t ever gonna shut. Woops.
2. The minibus to the airport turns into a bit of a rave thanks to your summer Spotify playlist. Tune.
3. You arrive at the hotel and realise the pictures from the website may have been edited to say the least. The extra bed is actually a mattress on the floor. Fail.
4. Day one = tan time, right? While you all soak up some much-needed Vitamin D, your BFF gets the carrot oil out only to resemble a lobster two hours later. Where’s the after sun at?
5. All-inclusive cocktails seem like a good idea at the time until you’re a man down and putting them to bed at 10PM.
6. Going to bed early doesn’t seem so silly come 4AM when someone suggests getting matching tattoos. #SquadGoals
7. By day three, someone’s already had to phone their mum for a bank transfer and do the whole “help me, I’m poor” charade.
8. Is it even a holiday if you’re not hounded by club promoters and doing free shots before you end up in a karaoke bar?
9. By day five, being sober seems like a distant memory. Tequila Sunrise for breakfast, anyone?
10. It’s home time. Sob. You almost miss your flight thanks to someone spending too much time in duty free and spend the flight home shivering thanks to your sunstroke/regretting your new ink.
Same again next year?
Fear of heights? This one’s not for you. Market Square Tower in Texas is making a splash with its pretty rooftop pool overlooking the city, oh and, it’s got a glass bottom. Sadly it’s not a hotel but living complex, so getting a dip into this pool 43 floors up will prove tricky.
by Leighanne Bent
Our friends at DesignMyNight have travelled near and far to find 10 of London’s prettiest restaurants. From the candy pink coloured booths at Sketch to the jaw-dropping rooftop views at Rumpus Rooms; get your camera ready, ‘cos your Insta game is about to reach a whole new level of dreamy.
We all love a good canapé after a prosecco or two, right?
You can’t go wrong with the classics. Anything wrapped in pastry is always a winner, but realistically who’s going to prepare and bake dozens of mini sausage rolls by hand when you can grab them from the supermarket?
For eye-catching party pick-ups that are simple yet effective follow our fuss free guide, so you can spend more time perfecting your look for the night. Winning.
Ah, online dating. You’re either chatting to Ryan from Leeds who sends NSFW selfies or matching a 9/10 who hits you with ‘hey beautiful’ and you have to sound the F-boy warning alarm and run a mile.
And so after a bit of a dating dry spell and in attempt to avoid any more unoriginal one-liners, I tried a different approach to swiping right. With a little help from Regina George and co and a list of Mean Girls quotes.
Here’s how I got on…