• 1.5kg chicken
• 200g turkey breast
• 200g bacon
• 2 slices of white bread
• 1/2 glass of milk
• 1 egg
• 1 big onion
• 1 garlic clove
• 6 prunes
• 15 hazelnuts
• Salt, pepper,
• A few springs of fresh rosemary
• 1 teaspoon of mixed spice
• Olive oil
• 1 big needle and roast cord to sew the chicken
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C/300°F
2. Heat a saucepan with the oil, salt and rosemary. Chop the onion and the garlic clove. Add them to the sauce pan and fry for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and golden brown.
3. Meanwhile, chop the bacon and the turkey breast
4. Take 2 slices of white bread, put them in a mixing bowl with the milk and place them for 20 seconds in microwave (full power).
5. Mix the white bread, onion, garlic, bacon, turkey breast along with the salt, pepper, 4 spices and egg.
6. Add the prunes, pitted and cut in 2 or 3 and the hazelnuts chopped in 2. Mix everything together with a wooden spoon.
7. Pull the skin at the neck-end back and push the stuffing inside the chicken. Leave at least 1cm to pull and fold the skin over the opening and either tick it under the bird or to sew it together with edible sewing threads
8. Place the bird on a roasting tray and rub the bird with softened butter and seasoning.
9. Cook for about 75 minutes. Remember to turn the chicken around half way through.