Being a bridesmaid might seem all fun ‘n games, but sometimes it’s a hella load of responsibility. Here’s the reality of being part of the bridesquad…
1. Expectation: I’m gonna slay in my bridesmaid dress
Reality: You’ll probably hate it – letsbereal here. And it’s HOW much?
2. Expectation: The group chat is gonna be SO fun
Reality: After 52 message notifications in 5 mins – you’re ’bout to delete whatsapp for life
3. Expectation: I can’t wait to help plan the hen do
Reality: You have zero budget to work with, everywhere’s booked up and the stripper ain’t anything like Magic Mike
4. Expectation: It’s gonna be so great getting close to the other bridesmaids
Reality: You’re sick of ’em all – and YOU’RE the bride’s BFF not them, right?
5. Expectation: Being a bridesmaid won’t be too time consuming
Reality: There literally ain’t enough hours in the day to keep up with your bridal duties
6. Expectation: I’ll go to sleep and wake up fresh for the big day
Reality: You’re up all night stressin’ and when morning comes it’s a big ‘no’ from you
7. Expectation: I’ll be SRSLY gutted when the wedding’s over
Reality: Although you’re happy for your bestie, you can’t help but feel a lil bit of relief
GIF source: Giphy