by Eve MacDonald
What exactly is a millennial? Well, according to the internet (because that’s where all us millennials get our information from) it covers people reaching young adulthood in the early 21st century.
While we love our sarcastic humour, we’re also an open-minded bunch who work pretty damn hard -despite what society tells us.
1. First of all, we all know it’s NOT OK to read someone’s message and not reply
It’s just rude and unnecessary in this day and age.
2. Uber is our modern-day pumpkin carriage
We always have the app open on our phones.
3. No nostalgia hits you right in the feels like remembering old school Nickelodeon and Disney
Bring back Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Saved by the Bell and Lizzie McGuire!
4. We have an unhealthy online shopping habit
It’s just so easy to do from the comfort of your own home. In your PJs and a bottle of wine, of course.
5. A birthday/Christmas/any celebration is never really celebrated unless you post on Instagram
Pics or it didn’t happen.
6. We have a degree that’s made us broke AF but we know we’re gonna be OK
We’re a generation of the educated poor.
7. We’re practically spies when it comes to social media
Need to track down someone or stalk their Facebook? No problem, we can do it in a matter of clicks.
8. And it’s likely we’ll never be able to buy our own homes
BECAUSE IT’S SO FREAKING EXPENSIVE.
9. It’s alright though, our extensive make-up collection will help see us through
We’ve been there through the good, the bad, and the ugly eyebrow stages.
10. The dating scene takes place in the digital world
Tinder, ghosting, you name it. It’s a scary world out there.
11. We absolutely hate when people call us unsociable because we’re always on our phones
Little do they know, we’ve actually got 27 conversations going on at the one time #queenofmultitasking.
12. But we’re also the last generation who knows a time without the internet
And what a dark time it was…
Image credit: Unsplash
GIF source: Giphy