Inevitably, it’s something we all want to be a part of. It’s so much more than just a clique… a trend; it’s a foundation of sisterhood. Or in other words, it’s all about cherry-pickin’ the hottest pop peers and forming a clan. Talk about a bigger way to bring girl power?! And we know we are ALL about that. What’s better than a gal pal who’s got your back? …Ten! Apparently.
Question is – Who are you most likely to ditch your closest BFFs for?
Taylor Swift’s: – GiGi Hadid, Bella Hadid, Selena Gomez, Cara Delevingne, Kendall Jenner, Martha Hunt, Jourdan Dunn, Joan Smalls, Karlie Kloss
The Mother Hen
Whether it’s a place for pre-drinks, or you just need to borrow a tampon on the DL, this one has your back at all times. You can already picture her in her 40s with 3 kids under belt, rocking a comfortable pair of shoes teamed with a fleece.
A girls holiday is a rite of passage. From the minute the flights were booked you’ve been daydreaming of cocktails by the pool and getting tanned AF.
Of course, no holiday ever goes to plan, so here are ten things that happen on every squad holiday…
1. While booking less luggage seemed like a great idea at the time (more money for cocktails, right?) when you and your bestie try and combine your summer ‘drobes into one case you realise it ain’t ever gonna shut. Woops.
2. The minibus to the airport turns into a bit of a rave thanks to your summer Spotify playlist. Tune.
3. You arrive at the hotel and realise the pictures from the website may have been edited to say the least. The extra bed is actually a mattress on the floor. Fail.
4. Day one = tan time, right? While you all soak up some much-needed Vitamin D, your BFF gets the carrot oil out only to resemble a lobster two hours later. Where’s the after sun at?
5. All-inclusive cocktails seem like a good idea at the time until you’re a man down and putting them to bed at 10PM.
6. Going to bed early doesn’t seem so silly come 4AM when someone suggests getting matching tattoos. #SquadGoals
7. By day three, someone’s already had to phone their mum for a bank transfer and do the whole “help me, I’m poor” charade.
8. Is it even a holiday if you’re not hounded by club promoters and doing free shots before you end up in a karaoke bar?
9. By day five, being sober seems like a distant memory. Tequila Sunrise for breakfast, anyone?
10. It’s home time. Sob. You almost miss your flight thanks to someone spending too much time in duty free and spend the flight home shivering thanks to your sunstroke/regretting your new ink.
Same again next year?
It’s official, everyone’s fave day of the year is just around the corner and we’re not talking about National Pizza Day (unfortunately). For many couples, V-Day is a Hallmark holiday where they can proclaim their undying love for everyone else to see. For many singletons, it’s hell on earth.
But I’m not a hater. Being single on Valentine’s Day is pretty awesome, and here’s why!
Makin’ the whole squad look good is difficult at the best of times so obviously our pre-teen selves *maybe early 20s* had to fall back on the fail safe, cliché poses. I mean they totally worked every time, right!?
A pose that looks like it’s straight outta the teen films – admit it, you wanted to be in the Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging crew too.