Ah, your long awaited holiday is here. The out of office is on, your bags are packed and you can almost feel the sun on your skin. But before you get to that carefree stage, you’ve gotta face the airport. These are the moments you’ll most definitely go through…
1. The constant passport check
You’ve never lost your passport. You’ve never turned up at the airport without it. Yet you have to check it’s there every five seconds.
2. Praying the check in team don’t kick off at you being over the allowance
What’s 2kg between friends?
3. Checking out your friend’s luggage
You’ve either underpacked or overpacked and now there’s nothing you can do about it.
4. When you’ve gotta separate all your bits into trays
Don’t mind me, just emptying my straighteners, hairdryer and fifteen chargers for a two day trip. DON’T JUDGE ME.
5. And the stress of racing against time to gather your life back together
The ante is upped if you picked shoes with laces. Score.
6. The excitement of getting to the actual terminal shops
Even though you never get excited to enter these shops normally…
7. The obligatory passport and boarding pass shot
Gotta do it for the ‘gram after all.
8. Bonus points if you check in on Facebook
Cue “See you in a week” posts.
9. Feeling zero shame at necking a glass of wine pre 9am
It’s the airport. Everyone does it.
10. Picking up a book
Even know you never normally read. And the flight’s only two hours.
11. Questioning whether you need one of those fancy AF neck pillows
And then instantly regretting not getting one when everyone else is sound asleep and you’re not.
12. Being outraged at the price of things at the airport
Everything’s double the cost. I’m a captive audience. Why.
13. Racing to queue once your gate opens
Even though it makes no difference. You’re getting on the plane regardless.
14. Taking half a dozen plane pics when you board
Because no-one’s ever seen a plane window before.
GIF source: Giphy