By Kate Beckitt
For those doing Dry Jan, it’s nearly over. Therefore, come Feb 1st, whether you’re celebrating staying dry the whole month or just low-key looking for an excuse to drink (we’re not judging), we have the 6 cutest cocktails to help raise those spirits (literally) and toast the end of dry Jan with.
1. Pomegranate Champagne Spritzer (@buzzfeedtasty)
Celebrate making it (finally) to the end of dry January with the fanciest bubbles you’ve had all year.
½ Cup of water
1. Cut the pomegranate in half, and hit it over a bowl with a wooden spoon to release the seeds.
2. Squeeze half a lemon over the pomegranate seeds.
3. Pour a half cup of water over the seeds and lemon juice, and spoon the mixture into ice tray of choice.
4. Freeze the cubes for an hour or until solid.
5. In a glass, put on cube and then top with champagne.
6. Watch the drink transform while the ice cube melts.
2. Sex with the Bartender (@Best_Cocktail_)
If the name doesn’t grab your attention, the combination of Malibu, Baileys and Triple Sec will have you happy in no time.
1 oz. Malibu Coconut Rum
1 oz. Baileys Irish Cream
0.5 oz. Triple Sec
4-6 oz. 7-Up
0.75 oz. Grenadine
0.75 oz. Roses Lime Juice
Lemon, Lime or Cherry to garnish
1. Put the Rum, Triple Sec, Grenadine, and lime juice in an Ice filled Collins glass.
2. Stir well.
3. Add 7-Up until it is about an inch from the top of the glass.
5. Pour baileys down centre of the glass.
6. Garnish accordingly and insert a long straw.
3. Blueberry Margarita (@best_cocktail_)
Blueberries are as superfood and therefore this cocktail counts as one of your five a day. Trust us, that’s legit.
1 oz. Quality tequila
1 oz. Blue Curaçao liqueur
1 tsp. Fresh squeezed lime juice
½ tbsp. Margarita salt
½ tbsp. Granulated sugar
3 –4 Fresh blueberries
2 Ice cubes
1. In a cocktail shaker, add tequila, Blue Curaçao liqueur, lime juice and two ice cubes.
2. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
3. Using a wedge of lime, wet the rim of the martini glass with lime juice.
4. Combine salt and sugar and place on a sager.
5. Dredge the rim of the glass through the salt/sugar mixture to coat rim.
6. Add crushed ice to the martini glass.
7. Strain into chilled martini glass filled with crushed ice.
8. Garnish with a cocktail pick adorned with 3-4 fresh blueberries.
4. Blood Orange and Bourbon Cocktail (@suburban_speakeasy)
The mix of sweet and sour will definitely tantalise those taste buds and satisfy that month-long craving in a fancy and fruity way.
Juice of half a blood orange (about 1 oz.)
1.5 oz. Bourbon
A couple of shakes of Angostura bitters
0.25 oz. Simple Syrup
1. Shake ingredients with ice.
2. Strain into a cocktail glass.
3. Garnish with Blood Orange.
5. The Pink Elephant (@molecule_mixologist_alex_m)
Where the elephant element comes in, we´re not too sure, but it’s not going to stop us slurping down 1 (or 5) of these cuties.
1 shot of vodka
a squeeze of lime to taste
Fentimans Rose Lemonade
1 slice of lime
1. In a fancy cocktail glass add the shot of vodka and the lime juice.
2. Top up with the pink lemonade
3. Serve with a slice of lime.
6. Dark ‘N Stormy (@molecule_mixologist_alex_m)
We finally know why the rum is always gone. It’s used up in cocktails as devilish as this one, obvs.
3 3/1 oz. Ginger Beer
A couple dashes of bitters
2 oz. Dark Rum
1. In a highball glass filled with ice, add dark rum.
2. Top with Ginger Beer.
3. Garnish with lime wedge.