Valentine’s Day is just round the corner which means so is the unnecessary pressure of finding a date. It’s not like you’re overly fussed about the date itself – but you wouldn’t mind saving face, or even just looking busy on Insta when it seems the majority of your feed is swimming in snaps of ‘the boy did good’.
Calling out to all solo flyers, there are plenty of reasons to enjoy Valentine’s Day when you’re not coupled up – and they have sweet FA to do with flowers…
1. Your bank account won’t take a hit, which means you can spend your money on someone who is more than worth it. YOU.
2. You don’t have to stress about planning any romantic gestures for BAE.
3. There’s no need to sit there and smile through gritted teeth when you receive a stuffed animal (which you’ll probably give to your dog), chocolates (added love handles), edible underwear (WTF?) and enough flowers to send you into anaphylactic shock.
4. You can have a date with your girls. No pressure of awkward first dates, you can eat like your life depends on it.
5. Chocolate and wine are an acceptable tea time replacement ‘Nuff said.
6. You can do whatever YOU want to, whether that’s a date with your bed and a jar or Nutella, or grabbing your heels and hitting the town.
7. You are the ruler of the remote.
8. You don’t have to deal with awkward PDA’s.
9. You are not a stereotype e.g. #bae #roses #cards #chocolates #halfpriceprosecco
(Ok… we’ll take the half price Prosecco)
10. Best of all… a time for reflection. Time to relive and burn mementos from past relationships (literally, if you wish!). Take a mo to be proud of how far you have come as the independent woman you are.