After spending the day in the Hollywood Hills with Stella, it was clear she wasn’t interested in getting mixed up with the “It Girls” of Hollywood but rather stay true to herself and let the advice of older sister Vanessa guide her way. As our shoot progressed conversation moved to her summer plans and excitement for her collaboration, “I’m excited for Summer because I just love feeling free and warm.”. She certainly embodied this sentiment throughout our shooting, laughing while shooting swimwear in a vintage car, climbing on a rickety slide to get the perfect shot and talking in depth about her inspiration behind the collection.
Check out our Top 5 Stella quotes from our day with her below:
1. ”The thing I strive to tell about myself is to stay honest with how you’re feeling, if you’re feeling great and want to post a photo in a bathing suit or if you’re not feeling great and want to talk about your skin issues, then do that too. I feel like to be cool in a sense is to be honest, unique and authentic to who you are. And so that’s what I’ve tried to do. I feel like with instagram you can’t take it too seriously. You just gotta have fun.”
2. On her collaboration with boohoo.com: ‘’It’s been a lot of fun…It’s great to be able to have insight on what colors I want things to be and what I find necessary in my collection. I’m very excited for it to come out. I love bodysuits, one-pieces and all the velvet going on. There’s a green two-piece and bodysuit we shot which I’m obsessed with.”
3. 2017 Mantra: ”hustle, hustle, hustle.”
4. Stella’s Inspiration behind collection: ”I wanted it to be casual, but also feel effortless and put together. Which I always aspiring to be. I just wanted it to be easy but still be able to pair things with other staple pieces to make it good for both day and night. ”’
5. Best advice from older sister Vanessa: ”To be honest with how you feel and who you are, that’s the only way you can find happiness…”
Be sure to check back this Monday, May 22nd, for the official launch of the collection and in the meantime peep our favorite shots from our #stellahudgensxboohoo collab after the jump…