By Shannon McKenzie
Whether you’re a big foodie or not, these breakfast recipes are gonna get you cooking straight away!
Banana Bread Flapjack Pancakes
We’ve gone bananas over this recipe – it’s the perf way to start the day!
½ cup Pecans (chopped)
3 tbsp Sugar
1 ½ tsp Baking powder
1 ½ tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking soda
1 ¼ cup Buttermilk
¼ cup Butter (melted)
2 cups Flour
1. Mix flour, pecans, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
2. Whisk together buttermilk, banana, eggs, and butter (separate bowl).
3. Combine and stir both mixes.
4. Melt butter in a large pan.
5. Pour a 1/4 cup of batter in pan and cook for 2 to 3 mins.
6. Get flippin’ and cook the other side for a few mins
7. Serve these delish pancakes with maple syrup, pecans and sliced bananas.
Did someone say domestic goddess?!
Our two fave things combined into one. Wanna pizza this? Get creating!
1/2 cup Parmesan
1 cup Goats cheese
4 Cooked bacon strips
2 Sliced mushroom
1 tbsp Parsley
1. Preheat oven to 260 degrees.
2. Flour tray and place stretched dough on it.
3. Spread with tomato sauce and add your toppings.
4. Crack 3 eggs over the top
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Bake pizza for 5 mins, rotate then cook for another 3-5 mins.
7. Remove from oven when the crust’s golden and egg whites are cooked.
8. Finally, sprinkle with parsley and shallot.
Almond Cinnamon Buns
Nothing and we mean NOTHING is better than a warm cinnamon bun!
1 cup Almonds
4 oz Almond paste
6 tbsp Sugar
2 tsp Ground cinnamon
2 Unbaked crescent rolls
1 Stick butter
1 cup Icing sugar
1 tbsp Milk
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees.
2. Stir almonds, almond paste, brown sugar, and cinnamon
3. Unroll package of crescent-roll dough.
4. Spread half the butter over the dough.
5. Sprinkle with half the almond mixture.
6. Roll up dough and slice into 6 pieces.
8. Grease two muffin trays.
9. Place a bun in each sections and bake for 15 mins until golden brown.
10. Cool for 20 mins.
11. Whisk icing sugar and milk until smooth and drizzle over buns.
This is totes the ultimate weekend treat!
Smoked Salmon And Avocado On Toast
Fancy something a lil’ healthier? This under 300 calorie brekkie is just the thing…
2 tbsp Fat-free yogurt
½ Lemon (juiced)
2 Slices of rye bread
Pinch of cayenne pepper
75g Smoked salmon
¼ Cucumber (ribboned)
½ Red chilli (seeded and diced)
1 tbsp Mint
1 Tomato (diced)
1 tsp White wine vinegar
1. Mix all the dressing ingredients together.
2. Half the avocado and mash with yogurt and lemon juice.
3. Season with salt and black pepper.
4. Spread avocado on the toast and sprinkle with cayenne pepper, salmon, cucumber and dressing.
5. Top with the cress.
Another dreamy food creation complete. You’re the absolute #girlboss.